EasyMatch QC-ER is a 21 CFR Part 11 compliant version of HunterLab’s EasyMatch QC software for electronic records. Often when a company upgrades to a new operating system, they will also install a new computer. Here is how to successfully upgrade to a new version of EasyMatch QC-ER on a new computer.
The steps below outline how to back up your EZMQC-ER user files to transport from your old computer to the new one; bring your hardware key and install the new software following the supplied Validation and Compliance Notebook. Here are the details:
- For a network or local PC installation, the person installing the EasyMatch QC-ER software upgrade must be a System Administrator for the PC with privileges to install software on that computer.
- All User-created and/or modified files such as Jobs, Job Templates or Reports created previously should be copied from the old computer to a flash drive for transport to the new one.
- To determine your current installed version of EasyMatch QC-ER, go to Help/About.
- For EasyMatch QC-ER versions > 4.20 back up all user files and sub-folders located at c:\HunterLab\EasyMatch QC Client to a flash drive.
- For EasyMatch QC-ER versions < 4.20 back up all user files and sub-folders located at c:\HunterLab\Program Files\EasyMatch QC Client for versions < 4.20 to a flash disk.
- Remove the HunterLab SuperPro license key or dongle from its USB port on the PC and take it along with the flash disk files to the new PC.
- To install the new upgrade, go to the installation CD and activate the EasyMatch QC-ER Menu program. From the menu, install the new version of EZMQC-ER following the software IQ steps in the Validation and Compliance Notebook that came with the software upgrade. Following the IQOQPQ protocols in the Validation and Compliance Notebook, the person responsible for the installation should sign-off the installation of the new upgrade.
- EasyMatch QC-ER Pre-Installation Wizard (new upgrade)
- EasyMatch QC-ER Server (new upgrade)
- EasyMatch QC-ER Client (new upgrade)
- From the flash disk, copy all User files and sub-folders located to c:\HunterLab\EasyMatch QC Client, replacing existing files.
- Run the Pre-Installation Wizard at C:\Program Files\HunterLab\EasyMatchQC-ER Pre-Installation Wizard and run the program just to make sure that the QCERAdmins and QCERUsers groups are being recognized as previous.
- Insert your HunterLab SuperPro license key or dongle into any USB port on the new PC and it should be automatically recognized by the PC.
- Start EasyMatch QC-ER, login and enter the program.
- Once into the program, go to Help/About to verify that the new version is installed.
- User-created and/or modified files such as Jobs or Sensor information should open correctly.
- You should be able to standardize the sensor and begin your measurements.