FAQ: “Lately I’m having problems running the EasyMatch software version. Installation of the software is no problem but when I want to open EasyMatch I get the following error:
‘EasyMatchQC MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. The instruction at “0x7c911909” referenced memory at “0xffffffff8”. The memory could not be read.’
Do you have any experience with this error? What can I do?”
FAQ: “Yesterday in the morning our HunterLab instrument was working fine, but in the afternoon there was an electrical problem at the factory. When the UltraScan PRO was turned on had a problem, the following error message appeared.
‘EasyMatch QC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.’
Can you help?
The error message is rare and not specific, but it appears EasyMatch QC is trying to read a corrupted sensor file. Deleting the “sensors.dat” file will remove references in EZMQC to this active sensor which it is looking for. Here is how to correct this problem:
- Make sure you are closed out of the EZMQC program.
- For EZMQC/ER versions 4.20 and higher (Help/About), use Windows Explorer to go to C:\HunterLab\EasyMatchQC\Sensors folder.
- For EasyMatch QC/ER< 4.20 go to C:\Program Files\HunterLab\EasyMatchQC\Sensors folder.
- Delete the “sensors.dat” file found there.
- Start up the EZMQC program again and you will be prompted to re-install your sensor.
- Re-install the sensor again at Sensor/Install-Configure; The “sensors.dat” file will be re-created when you do this and the software should then function correctly.
If this does not resolve the issue, uninstall EasyMatch QC through the Control Panel and re-install from your EasyMatch QC software CD.